Luxury Vinyl Tiles - Installation Guide
Luxury Vinyl Tiles Installation Guide
Luxury vinyl tiles provide warmth and style to any home, and with the range of designs available, you’re sure to find the perfect solution. If you have chosen luxury vinyl tiles for your home, read on to learn how to successfully install them – from preparation to aftercare…
- Begin by ensuring your subfloor is clean and dry – hoover the floor to remove loose dirt and clean with a damp mop before leaving the surface to dry.
- Transport your tiles inside their boxes in neat stacks.
- The tiles will then need to be acclimatised to the room’s temperature and humidity for at least two days before installation. It is recommended to have the room between 18°C and 30°C.
- Start by mixing up the tiles to make sure you don’t have too many identical ones placed together.
- Measure the floor to establish how many tiles you will need and if any need to be cut to size.
- Bear in mind that the last row of panels should not be narrower than 5cm.
- Begin laying the tiles in a corner of the room without any glue. Draw a line along the first two dry fitted rows – this line will mark where the glue will be applied.
- Once you are happy with the arrangement of first two rows of tiles, remove them from the floor and apply the vinyl glue to the subfloor. Lay the tiles into the adhesive, adjusting to the correct position. Remove any glue residue with a damp cloth. Repeat this procedure to cover the whole room.
- Once you have laid the whole floor, use a heavy roller to press the tiles into the adhesive and ensure they are well stuck down. This should be done within 30 minutes of laying the floor.
- Ensure floor is hoovered or swept with a soft brush to remove any loose dirt and cleaned with a wet or damp mop.
- Avoid dragging heavy furniture across the floor and keep away from direct contact with high temperatures.
View all our luxury vinyl tiles collection here!