What is Karndean Flooring?
Karndean is a brand of luxury Vinyl flooring that produces a hyper realistic wood, ceramic or stone finish. Its superior quality makes it one of the best Vinyl Flooring products on the market, making sure your flooring is cared for.
By excellently replicating these natural effects, Karndean gives the effect of natural flooring without all the hassle and maintenance. It is safe, strong, durable and waterproof making it an excellent choice for a multitude of rooms in your home, from your bathroom to your living room.
How do you clean Karndean?
- Remove any loose debris with a vacuum, brush or mop.
- Remove all dry adhesive from surface.
- Use a damp mop with pH neutral detergent, which you can find in the Karndean cleaning kit.
- A regular vacuum sweep and mop with Karndean Cleaner, or another pH neutral fragrance-free cleaner approved for use with vinyl floors.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by using a concentrated pH neutral detergent.
- As it has waterproof qualities, wet mopping is not a problem.
- We would not recommend using a steam mop or cleaner.
How to use Kardean Solutions?
The Karndean Clean is a water-soluble everyday cleaner adds extra protection between deep cleans for you Karndean Floor.
- After sweeping your floor, add 1 notch on the bottle of Karndean Clean to approximately 2 gallons of water.
- Mop the solution onto the required floor.
- Make sure excess liquid is mopped and dry before walking on it.
The Karndean Remove aids in removing contaminants and films from your floor.
- Wear gloves when using Karndean Remove solution.
- Dilute 1 part Karndean with 5 parts of water.
- Spread the solution onto the floor with the help of a mop, then let the solution settle for 5 minutes. *Make sure not to let it dry*.
- Then use the blue applicator from the Karndean Floor Care Kit along with a wet Karndean Remove Pad to scrub the floor.
The Karndean Refresh is a polish that provides you with enhanced protection and an extra sheen to restore the finish to your floor.
- Use the blue applicator from the floor care kit to spread a thin even layer of the refresh onto the floor in one direction.
- Wait 30 minutes for the layer to dry and then repeat the process in the opposite direction.
- Please make sure you allow the floor to dry for approx. 6 hours before allowing foot traffic.
How to take care of Kardean Flooring – A Step by Step Guide!
Step 1: Remove any dirt or debris using a brush or damp mop. If you’re using a vacuum cleaner make sure to check with the manufacturer that its suitable for use on your Karndean Floor.
Step 2: Regular cleaning with a pH neutral cleaner like Karndean Clean, Add 50 ml of Karndean Clean to 8-15 litres of water.
Step 3: Mop this onto the floor and remove any excess liquid.
Step 4: If you’ve got any stubborn stains, you can just add Karndean Clean directly onto the spot and use a non-abrasive scouring pad.
Step 5: Make sure you wait for the floor to dry before walking on it.
Step 6: To finish off add a coat of the Karndean Refresh floor protector, for a nice shine and protection from general wear.
What NOT to do!
- Do not use a steam mop, it can cause damage to the laminate coatings as well as the materials beneath and will cause discolouration and other problems over time.
- Do not use bleach or other harsh household chemicals to clean the floor because this can cause discolouration amongst other types of damage as well.